This will be a gathering with the earth, a feast for the imagination, and an exploration of the breath + body.
New Mexico is known as the land of enchantment. It is the much fabled, riveting wild west, as well as a longtime sanctuary for artists. This land ignites creative inspiration from its deep earthy hues, majestic mountains, high desert air, sun drenched days, and star laden nights.
It is a contemplative place filled with soul.
Cole Chance and Victoria Erickson are so thrilled to be curating a four-night creative container at an historic bed and breakfast in beautiful Taos. We’ll be nestled up on the high desert mesa in the crisp air and magical light of Sangre de Cristo Mountains.
We will explore various yoga, meditation, and self-inquiry practices, excursions into the local culture, nature, the famed healing waters of Ojo Caliente, as well as daily writing workshops that will ignite connection through story sharing and creative playfulness.
- Four nights at the beautiful Blue Sky Retreat Center at the Historic San Geronimo Lodge. There are 3 different room options, meditation labyrinth, pool, rambling verandas, and 3.5 acres of natural serenity. The Carson National Forest is also just a short walk away.
- Plant based brunches and dinners. If you want extra food or snacks, the town of Taos is just two miles away.
- Entrance to the mineral springs and spa Ojo Caliente. Ojo has been a gathering place for natural healing of the mind, body, and spirit for centuries. We will go early to walk around the sage and ruins of the prehistoric pueblo of Posi-Ouinge.
- An excursion to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Taos Pueblo. This is a gorgeous living Native American community with multi-storied adobe buildings that have been continually inhabited for over 1000 years.
- Daily creative writing workshops with Victoria Erikson + yoga, meditation, self-inquiry classes with Cole Chance.
Co-Facilitator – Victoria Erikson believes in writing as alchemy, ceremonial gathering, and an ongoing invitation to go deeper into the body and imagination in order to tell our truths, stories, and ultimately reach our highest creative potential both on and off the page.
We would love to share this inner + outer movement journey with you in beautiful New Mexico!
Price: $ 1450 – 1750
“After going on the retreat to Patagonia with her and Cole, I can only say this; it was probably the best thing I’ve ever done. Yoga feeds the feeling of flow and releases long-locked emotions. Writing opens you to the nature and beauty and connection that can be found in every moment of any day. The combination allows for true freedom if you let it. If you’ve been waiting to let your creative life begin, give yourself the gift of working with these 2 incredible women.”
Words truly cannot describe how wonderful this experience was for me. Between the daily yoga and writing workshops, beautiful landscape, wild excursions, plenty of down time, and the authentic and genuine people that I met on this trip, it’s safe to say this experience was life-changing. It allowed me to take a step back from the daily grind and focus on what’s most important – connection, creativity, and gratitude. I have never felt so alive, grounded, balanced and at peace with everything all in one week. I will definitely be joining more of Cole and Victoria’s retreats in the future. Thank you so much for everything!